cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee download and renewal problems

jd

Last October I changed the subscription for my McAfee/BT Security in order to get the cheaper rate for multi licences now available.  A little later a message came up saying that I need to renew the subscription.  Since I had paid in advance this seemed odd.  After a fresh download fro the BT site the message still came up which made me think the installation software was not 100% overwriting the earlier set up so I did a manual removal followed by yet another download.  This worked, the message went away  and I had some weeks of faultless operation with automatic updates and automatic virus scans.  Now it has all started again.  I have done a manual removal followed by a clean install and as far as I can tell everything is OK.  HOWEVER I notice on the BT site that it still says that it has not yet been downloaded.  It also says this for the other two licences.

WHat is going on. My guess is that there should be switch which records the download is not working, therefore it appears to McAfee that I'm using an unregistered copy.  Can someone (from BT)  tell me what to do or who to contact with account number to get the download properly registered and get rid of the instruction to renew subscription when it is paid for in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

klauzser
Power User

I suddenly got confused. Does McAfee works well with BT?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

klauzser
Power User

I suddenly got confused. Does McAfee works well with BT?

jd

Yes it works well and obtaining it through BT download and automatic updates it integrates perfectly into computer set up.

My question was that whilst it is working well it keeps asking me to download it from BT, even after I am using it sucessfully.

jd