cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old attachments do not open after Exchange 2007 edb recovery.

malteolsen

Domain Controllers failed and user had no backups.  I took their exchange server and built a new domain.

I installed exchange 2007 sp3 and performed a "eseutil /p on the edb file since it was in a dirty state.

I created all the user accounts and connected the disconnected mailboxes that were on the repaired mailbox database.

My problem is that any attachments that were in a message previous to the restore will not open.  They are able to use new attachments as they arrive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thomaspatel

- Stop the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Stop-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.

- Browse to where the database files are located on the disk. Along with the database file, you will see a folder with “CatalogData-random string” as its name. Delete this folder, which stores the corrupt index.

- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Start-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.

- Give it a minute and a new folder will be created and a new index will be built.

- If guide on above can't assist you, then you may utilize software for crashed .edb files

http://www.edb.openfiletool.com/ EDB Open File Tool

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

thomaspatel

- Stop the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Stop-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.

- Browse to where the database files are located on the disk. Along with the database file, you will see a folder with “CatalogData-random string” as its name. Delete this folder, which stores the corrupt index.

- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Start-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.

- Give it a minute and a new folder will be created and a new index will be built.

- If guide on above can't assist you, then you may utilize software for crashed .edb files

http://www.edb.openfiletool.com/ EDB Open File Tool