cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering phone line at my address?

speedfreak132

Hi all,

I've just moved into a new room on an RAF Camp and am trying to get a broadband package for it. The room already has a phone line installed but this is not yet activated. I spoke to plusnet about one of their packages which seemed good and was set to go for it, but they can't find my address on their system at all, even though a room two doors down from me is listed, as are various other rooms and blocks on the same camp. Their advisor said I would need to call BT and get the address registered on BT's system so that they would be able to find it. When I rang BT about this, I spoke to three people about this, one of them apparently in a managerial position, but none of them seemed to be able to be help, even suggesting it was a Royal Mail problem! 

Has anybody here got any ideas about what I have to do to get my address registered?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dan

1 REPLY 1

VKS

Did you ever get this sorted? I've had exactly the same problem and same frustrating, time-consuming runaround today, even called Royal Mail who checked both their databases and the problem is definitly with BT! And this is 4 years later, so clearly still not something that is fixed.