cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retiring and ceasing trading

hubertus

In June 2012 I signed up with Bt for another five year contract, this for one ISDN line and one analog line for fax and broadband. However by the end of 2013 I had decided that the year 2015/2016 would be my last of trading.

In August of 2015 I advised my local Bt Business office that I would be terminating my service on the 31st December 2015, due to retirement. I was advised that there would be substantial penalties to pay but would look at ways to reduce this. She came back to me and suggested we downgrade my ISDN line to an analog line to reduce termination charges, and she said my broadband was " out of contract anyway" Shortly afterwards I received, as part of my bill, a charge of £693.00, and this is reduced yes? So December arrives and I contact Bt and tell them they may now switch off my service. I am then told that they have no knowledge that my broadband is to be terminated, please dont anyone fall off their chair laughing, it gets better. I remided her that of course I wanted to terminate my broadband with everything else, why not, I also reminded Karen that she had told me that the broadband was out of contract. Now you may soon fall off your chairs laughing, she says that I had been given a one year broadband contract but because I had only used it until December there would be another termination charge of £253.13. Its a joke. My business and private phones have been with the GPO then Bt since 1959, not for me the constant changing of providers. I have written to Bt Accounts with my complaint.

john timmermans

0 REPLIES 0