cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

infected mscorlib.xml file on vista business

KentishUser

I have BTIsecP installed and discovered a virus had infected two files on my machine. I was able to delete the first but the AV software could not delete, quarantine or repair the second file C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727\en. I The message reads as follows:

'1 file could not be repaired and is still in the list. This usually happens when the logged on user lacks permissions to modify these files, or if the files are on a CDROM or other 'read only' device, or is archived. severely infected files cannot be repaired.'

The O/S installed is Window Vista SP1 Business. This has been updated regularly but certain MS updates failed including those related to SQL Server 2005 Express.

I have tried reinstalled the entire .Net framework without success.

I have also looked for this file name on the MS support site and found no references to it or fixes.

Has anyone encountered this problem or resolved it?

Help would appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

spank
Grand Guru

Try running your virus scan in safe mode.

Switch the PC off, switch it on while tapping F8 until you see the boot screen, select safe mode.

Do you use SQL server, is this a critical update you need?  If not I wouldn't worry.

If your not happy to leave it then search for the update, download and install it manually.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

spank
Grand Guru

Try running your virus scan in safe mode.

Switch the PC off, switch it on while tapping F8 until you see the boot screen, select safe mode.

Do you use SQL server, is this a critical update you need?  If not I wouldn't worry.

If your not happy to leave it then search for the update, download and install it manually.