cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG RED WARNING ON GOOGLE

agoraservices

I have received emails from Google telling me that my adwords ads have been suspended due to malware on my website.  Having just spend the past few hours checking, I do not think I have a problem, but I think that the BT hosting server does.  It seem as through Google have looked at the home2.btconnect.com site and anything attached to this root will be affected, one of the other companies hosted on this domain/server must have malware on their site.  My problem is this, how can I get BT to check and find where the problem is, and more importantly how do I get them to remove the problem that effects not only my site but I would guess a huge number of BT business customers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

agoraservices

Dear Markp,

Thanks for the reply, I have just filled in the online contact sheet.  Will wait and see if they can find the problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there agoraservices,

if you are having an issue with your website/hosting you can contact out support team to get it checked out.

markp

agoraservices

Dear Markp,

Thanks for the reply, I have just filled in the online contact sheet.  Will wait and see if they can find the problem.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there agoraservices,

I have been speaking to a colleague in the hosting team about your issue. When we access your website through IE ot loads without an issue, we get the red screen when viewing the website through Firefox (Mozilla).

The issue is with the browser, If you go to this article you will see a link to "I’ve confirmed that my site is safe, how do I get it removed from the lists?"

This then gives you a form to fill in to get your domain/site removed from the Firefox (Mozilla) Forgery lists.

Markp

agoraservices

Dear Markp,

Thanks for the reply, the problem is not my website or the browser, the problem on another website hosted on btconnect.  If you try any website that directs to the home2.btconnect.com domain you will get the same message.  For reference I was using Chrome as a browser.

I will try the stopbadware site, but I doubt it will make a difference as I do not have access to the problem website.  Unless the problem webpages are found and removed or corrected then I and any other business using the btconnect hosting service will have this message damaging their reputation.  Realistically the only people who can sort this out are BT.

agoraservices

I have looked at the stopbadware forms, I don't think that they will help as I don't own or have access to the home2.btconnect.com domain.  The webpages that potentially have the malware that has been detected are not in an area that I have access to, thus I can't clean them and the problem will remain.  The only people who can sort this out is whoever has the effected webpages/files and BT.

Not sure why my original post has a notice saying that it is solved, as it is not.

I will wait to hear what BT have to say, just a pity that it is likely to be a couple of days before anything happens.