cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Driving Me Mad - FTP Issues

Mac1701

I have been trying to get my clients website uploaded to BT.  I initially connected to the FTP server via Dreamweaver and started to upload the website.  This completed and when I went to the website it wasn't there and I could no longer connect to the FTP server. 

I am using the following:

Server ftp.kingsfieldleisure.com

Username kingsfieldleisure.com

password xxxxxxxxxxxxx

root directory /public/   /public_html/  (tried alternating and leaving blank)

url http://www.kingsfieldleisure.com

Tried both passive and non passive FTP

I tried to connect via several browsers and all logins get rejected.  I have changed the FTP password several times on the manage services to no avail.

The BT website manager site is beyond useless.  When I do eventually get connected to it, I have very little or no functionality on the site, unable to access FTP manager, file manager etc.  I did once manage to get into the file manager and it should no files.

Can anyone offer any assistance as it is driving me up the wall.

I am also unable to access the email summary page or the manage FTP/web hosting sections of the manage services website when I am using my Mac with Safari or Firefox, cache cleared on both.  

All in all a very poor experience for a new business customer.  That and it is taking ages to get email addresses setup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mac1701

Thanks.  Got a call back from some extremely helpful people at the BT Hosting desk and it turns out something had corrupted the www and ftp for my domain.  They have reset it and all now backup and running

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sogo7
Grand Master

Sounds very odd.. Dreamweaver is normally pretty good.

try using a root directory   www/

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

Mac1701

Thanks.  Got a call back from some extremely helpful people at the BT Hosting desk and it turns out something had corrupted the www and ftp for my domain.  They have reset it and all now backup and running