cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing url on easy sitebuilder pro

Artypartyangels

I have bought a new domain and webhosting package today.  I have created a landing page for the domain and tried to publish it.

However, it is stating that the URL is http://artypartyangels.co.uk.c31.sitepreviewer.com and not my domain of artypartyangels.co.uk so therefore it is not publishing the page to my actual domain.

How can I change the url to take the c31.sitepreviewer.com off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bobby
Super User

Hey thepoetsullivan,

I appreciate you linking the domain. Looks like there are no A records set up which could be causing an issue - when you're available, just get through to the livechat tech team by using the link below and request to speak to their second line guys to get this sorted: 

Contact Us | BT Business Contact Numbers | BT Business

You will require your account number or the answer to your security question before changes can be made, so it's best to have a record of those before contacting the team Smiley Happy

Thank you, Bobby

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

DDambrosio

change the name of the file to index.html i guess

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

It sounds like you are using Easy Site Wizard Pro and you are seeing the publish to location. That will continue to show that link until your domain is pointing to the BT hosting servers. In the meantime your site will publish as normal and go on your hosting server but you need to have your domain name's DNS pointing to our server.

thepoetsullivan

Good answer - succinct and to the point. All I need now is the precise server address I need to enter in my domain settings... Can you help? Google is VERY unhappy with the .c31 site previewer.com component when it comes to crawlers, sitemaps and the like! Despite the facy that both .xml sitemap and robots.txt were created using that URL.

thepoetsullivan

I understand that I have to point my DNS settings at the BT hosting server to ditch the .c31 site prevew component in my URL... Can anyone advise me on the exact address of the BT host server, how it should contain my domain name  and which item in the table it is to replace in the DNS settings?

Bobby
Super User

Hey thepoetsullivan,

Can you post your domain name here please? That way we can have a look at the DNS records and the team can get them updated. 

Thanks, Bobby

thepoetsullivan

Bobby! Hi! My domain name is www.thepoetsullivan.co.uk  ... Thanks.

Bobby
Super User

Hey thepoetsullivan,

I appreciate you linking the domain. Looks like there are no A records set up which could be causing an issue - when you're available, just get through to the livechat tech team by using the link below and request to speak to their second line guys to get this sorted: 

Contact Us | BT Business Contact Numbers | BT Business

You will require your account number or the answer to your security question before changes can be made, so it's best to have a record of those before contacting the team Smiley Happy

Thank you, Bobby

thepoetsullivan

Thanks Bobby... Much appreciated. You wouldn't happen to know the address of the BT hosting server?

Bobby
Super User

Hey thepoetsullivan,

The A record for the BT hosting server would be: 209.235.144.9 Smiley Wink

Thanks, Bobby