cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain forwarding not working

corvedale

Hi,

I have bought the domain suninncorfton.co.uk with BT and want it to point to the free webspace

http://home.btconnect.com/thesuninncorfton/

I have followed the BT instructions but all I get is the following message, nothing can be changed in the advanced to get it to work

You are trying to set a www record, when one already exists for this domain. This can cause issues with the domain resolving properly. None of the changes just submitted have been saved. If you need to change a www record please use Advanced Domain Manager.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

JohnE
Guru

We don't seem to host suninncorfton.co.uk but we do have thesuninncorfton.co.uk.  Looking at suninncorfton.co.uk in an on-line WhoIs tool, I can see that it is "tagged" to BT.  We don't seem to have any transfer requests for this domain name.

It seems likely that you were trying to forward thesuninncorfton.co.uk, rather than suninncorfton.co.uk.

I've cleared the issue with the hosted domain name, you will now be able to set up forwarding for: thesuninncorfton.co.uk via the Domain Management Console.

corvedale

Thank you for seeing through my "the" error in the domain, it has now worked and saved

corvedale

Despite saving ok and the test link working,  www.thesuninncorfton.co.uk just comes up as not found from a browser.

Any ideas?

corvedale

Could really do with some help on this please

JohnE
Guru

I am sorry for this, corvedale, we have fixed it now:

http://www.thesuninncorfton.co.uk

AnthonyCarew

I have the same problem and would appreciate some help with this. I am unable to forward carewosteopathicclinic.co.uk to myspineclinic.co.uk.You are trying to set a www record, when one already exists for this domain.

"This can cause issues with the domain resolving properly. None of the changes just submitted have been saved. If you need to change a www record please use Advanced Domain Manager. I have tried the manage button in manage domain name but responds with 

any help would be much apreciated