cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain name and web hosting -switching to another free domain name

mohammed_farooq

As part of my BT package I was given a free domain name registration and web hosting service. I no longer want the domain name I first chose and would like to cancel this and choose another one. Also would like to make sure the web hosting is linked to with the new name. In essence change the existing domain name and website to a new one.

How can I do this please?

thanks anyone - Mohammed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lancelot
BT Employee
BT Employee

Unfortunately, if you have already activated the webhosting package, you won't be able to align it to another domain name.

The best way to do this would be to contact BT on 0845 6007020 or email hosting.support@btbroadbandoffice.com,

explain the situation and apply to have the hosting cancelled and reorder another package.

If they agree, you could then choose another free domain name with the newly ordered hosting.

There is no need to cancel the unwanted domain name.

Lastly, if you have already uploaded a website, be sure to retain a copy of it as it may be unrecoverable once the unwanted hosting disappears.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Lancelot
BT Employee
BT Employee

Unfortunately, if you have already activated the webhosting package, you won't be able to align it to another domain name.

The best way to do this would be to contact BT on 0845 6007020 or email hosting.support@btbroadbandoffice.com,

explain the situation and apply to have the hosting cancelled and reorder another package.

If they agree, you could then choose another free domain name with the newly ordered hosting.

There is no need to cancel the unwanted domain name.

Lastly, if you have already uploaded a website, be sure to retain a copy of it as it may be unrecoverable once the unwanted hosting disappears.

mohammed_farooq

Many thanks

Thats helpful