cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transferred away 1 years ago, now can't join Office 365 as domain is still linked to BT

Oliver

Hello,

I moved our domain u-pack.com away from BT a year ago. Recently we have decided to migrate our servers to use Office 365.

Unfortunately, when we try to add the domain to our independent Office 365 tenant it comes up and says that I am unable to do so because the domain is already attached to an existing Office 365 tenant (bt1312976pop.onmicrosoft.com). It suggests I contact BT to have this removed.

"Can't verify the domain"

"u-pack.com was already added to a different Office 365 account bt1312976pop.onmicrosoft.com"

I have searched through our email but no sign if this account information so that the domain can't be removed.

Unfortunatly we don't have a record of account passwords but the account was under richard.gardiner@btinternet.com and info@u-pack.com was the admin email.

I have noticed others have got this resolved on these forums, looking forward to any useful infomation.

Kind regards,

Oliver Gardiner

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Oliver,

I have been looking at your domain name, and I can see it it no longer with us. What should of happend is that when you moved the domain name away the email addresses should of been deleted to remove the domain from our Office 365 so that you could set ip up elsewhere.

I have been in to the systems and I have done this now for you now, and I have made sure the domain name has been removed from Office 365.

You will now be able to set the domain up with your own Office365.

Markp