cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Why is my search engine listing not working properly???

Sarah1980

Hi,

My website has been live for 4 months now and i have just noticed that some of my listings on search engines (google etc) are not working properly.  They are not showing up product prices or shopping basket e.g when i search for steiner bears in google it shows this problem.  Obviously i need to get this problem sorted as i have already had one customer complain.  Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening?

Thanks

Sarah

www.simplylovelygifts.co.uk

5 REPLIES 5

ironscot
Power User

Hi Sarah

I don't think the problem is with the search engines, I think it's a problem with your website as there are no prices showing on the pages. Maybe someone from BT (or someone that knows how to use the eshop packages) can help you identify the cause of the problem.

P

Sarah1980

Hi

The problem isn't happening with every search for my site, it only seems to be happening with certain keywords.

Thanks

whoknows
Super User

Hi, from what i understand about search engines, they typically scan the first page and it is very important to get as many of the keywords onto the page.  This doesn't mean listing them out somewhere as the search engine algorithms will work that out and "downgrade" the site/page.  But you certainly need to get the words you want onto the fist page.  Also, you need to be adding and changing content on your site which will build up a list of words and hits from the various search engine bots. 

There's a great book called " Search engine Optimization - An Hour a day" that may help you to re design your pages to get best effect from search bots.  

There are also people who provide a service and run a scan on you website which gives a report on whether it is structured to get the best from search engines and user friendliness.

Hope this helps

Helena

Hi Sarah

I managed to replicate your problem - when I accessed the bear through the google link there was no prices, but when I accessed the same page directly via your homepage the prices were there.

Know idea what the problem is though, unless the google link is an old cache page which was indexed before you added prices or something.

Helena 

Sarah1980

Hi everyone,

Ive figured out what was wrong and its was something that id done, so now i can fix the problem.

Thanks for you help

Sarah