cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I point to the other host and keep my email with BT

Geni911

I have my website on another host but I have my domain with BT. How do I point to the other host and keep my email with BT. I will maybe able later to move my site but not now.

I have looked a 'manage domain'  etc but do I need to get BT to do the changes or what?

I have got the DNS settings from the existing host who say the re-point 'MX' email back.

3 REPLIES 3

tidaltides
Power User

If you want to stay with BT email, leave your domain attached to them so you won't get any problems in the future.

ls

I cannot afford to continue with my BT Broadband the cheapest quote is £31.99.    I wish to keep my email address and was told I could by going to Bt.com/keepmyemail and it would cost about £5 per month.  How do I do this please.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there ls,

Busines do not have an option to keep email addresses active that are linked to your business broadband account, if you have a home account (@btinternet.com) I believe they do, it is called premium mail.

Can you confirm what the email address is by sending it to me via a private message I can advise further.

Markp