Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close account and cancel Web Hosting

boran
Power User

Hi

If someone can help please.

I have one account where my domain name has expired and would like to close that account as not in use anymore.

I also have another account with few domain names purchased and one Web Hosting package. What do I need to do in order to cancel Web Hosting on the second account, I had it for over a year so should be able to give notice?

I have tried the form, but one of mandatory fields are BT business phone number which I dont have.

Tried talking to BT consultant on the live chat, but after I gave my account number asistant newer came back to me.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Boran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

boran
Power User

Just to say thank you for helping resolve this issue.

Kind Regards

Bran

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

boran
Power User

Hi

I fell I should update on my progress to cancel Web Hosting.

1. Started at 9 am today. It is 15:30 now. Searched on BT Business site for 2 hours how to cancel web hosting online.

2. Contacted Support via Live Chat, established connection with adviser, gave my details, asked to cancel my web hosting, that was three hours ago, live chat window still open, but advisor ignoring me and left the chat once.

3. Called BT business support line, when get throught was advised by lady that she does not know what Web Hosting is, and that I should call other number instead. She gave me number, exactly the same one I called.

4. Went to fill online form, can not do it as I dont have BT Business telephone number and it is required in the form. This was not required when hosting was sold to me, but it is when I want to cancel.

5. Called BT number again, this time saying i want to cancel web hosting, put on hold, 50 minutes now.

6. Just to prive the point, called sales, my call answered in 36 seconds, happy to sell anything to me.

Discusting!!!

Ian1974

Hi Boran,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues.

If you use the dns enquiry form at www.dnsforms.co.uk (where it says BT Business telephone number just enter your contact number) and as long as you enter the WM account number we can cancel the hosting on your behalf.

If you do not wish to use the form please send an email to admin@btnames.com for my attention and I will look into your issue as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Ian - F-

boran
Power User

Hi Ian

Thenk you very much for ofering to help, I appreciate your time.

People like you make me stay with BT.

I dont mind submiting forms, I have submited two as I have two separate accounts.

Reference number 110825-000053 and 110825-000053.

One relates to my account that I dont use any more and would like to close it.

Another one is related to my web hosting that I would like to cancel. I have other domain names in that account and will purchase new web hosting, so I beleive I need to keep account as such, I have given details in the form itself.

Hope this is not too much trouble for you.

Thank you again.

Boran

boran
Power User

Just to say thank you for helping resolve this issue.

Kind Regards

Bran

officegirl

Smiley Happy  Hi what you need to do is  put in the telephone No. box all zeros  (i.e..  000 0000 0000)  which represents your tel no.  no spaces of course unless allowed for on the form,  otherwise you will not be able to log your request - as with most forms that require a tel no.  zeros does the trick. 

Transfer can be hard work with BT and it should not be.... Make sure you have 

to hand:

1 Account No.

2 Tag to where you are transferring to:  New Co. give you their TAG Code.

3 Who your name is registered with.

Good luck in your move

Officegirl