cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my domain

crestpot

I have recently moved from my old ISP, Plusnet, to BT.  In general things have gone well.  The main exception is email.  My domain was registered with Plusnet and all email addressed to that domain (nyali.co.uk) was then forwarded to me and collected using Firefox.

I would like to move my domain from Plusnet to BT so that I can receive my emails (there are probably 1 - 2000 people out there with knowledge of that address and I can no longer keep in touch with them.

Can anyone tell me how to move my domain to BT and how much it is likely to cost? 

I have spent a lot of time on the BT site and more 'chatting' with the 'Technical team' and have got absolutely nowhere.  Apparently the 'Technical Team' work on a 'no fix no pay' system, which I find both immoral and almost guaranteed to produce minimal customer satisfaction with anything that might be not be run of the mill.

I am aware that I have strayed into the business area of BT, but can find no other way of solving the problem with my personal account.

A further issue is that BT appear not have heard of Firefox and keep on assuming that I use Outlook.

If I had realised that this would be a problem, I would never have moved from Plusnet, who have always been very good.  Indeed, I probably should never have moved

The principal irony is that Plusnet is owned by BT, I believe.

1 REPLY 1

Ian1974

Hi Crestpot,

BT Residential do not offer hosting or domains, you will need to have a business account.

To transfer your domain into BT, please see the following support article.

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/1995,2003,2946,2995/a_id/8766/kw/transfer%20doma...

The cost for a transfer is £11.75, however thiis will be free if you decide to take a hosting package.

If you wish please send me a pvt message (click name and send user a pvt msg) and i will be able to assist further.

Kind Regards,

Ian - F -

BT Business Domains