cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL Stored Procedures

bigemrg

Hi,

I'm currently implementing a website that needs to use tables, views and stored procedures within a MySQL database.

I've successfully created a new database and user using the MySQLManager tool provided in the Advanced Tools section of the Control Panel.

I've also successfully created the tables and views I require using the SQL tab of the phpMyAdmin tool.

However, when I try to execute the SQL for the stored procedures I require, I get the following error message saying that access is denied.

#1044 - Access denied for user 'myusername'@'%' to database 'mydatabase'

I'm assuming that I need to somehow grant privileges to the user, but don't know how using the tools I've got at my disposal!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ian.

2 REPLIES 2

markp
Grand Guru

Hi bigemrg,

I realise you posted this a while ago and hoping you’ve already found the answer you needed, I would contact the helpdesk to get supoprt with the hosting.

Markp

bigemrg

Hi,

Unfortunately, it turned out that stored procedures had been disabled within this implementation of MySQL, and could not be reenabled.

My solution was to recode all of my stored procedure code into basic SQL statements using PHP, which turned out to be very tedious, and was a great way of introducing errors into code that already worked on other servers!

Regards,

Ian