cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering a Domain to another person

gmorgan345

I recently bought a business, the seller had a BT hosting deal for their website and want to transfer this to me, though they're not sure how to do it, and are not particularly tech savvy, but they want to help where possible.

During the sale process, I spoke with the BT sales agent about taking on teh website, the hosting arrangement, as well as the landline and router/broadband deal. I asked if the domain could be tranbsferred to me, they said no, I then said I don't want the hosting service. I further (sorry!) managed to acquire a busioness landline and router deal from a competitor.

I asked the vendor to obtain information from BT that would help the Transfer of the Domain through Nominet (though not sure if it would work as I have never done this kind of thing before). The BT sakes agent said that as I had decided not to stay with BT as a business customer they would not help me (they actually said something slightly different but amounted to the same such as I don't deal with transfers and won't be able to assist, ask him to speak to his new provdier).

The vendor wants to move the domain as she is currently getting my sales enquiries and whislt kinfdly passing them on to me, doesn't really want to be involved.. can anyoine advise what the options are? The domain runs till Feb next year. How can teh vendor transfer it top me with the least amount of fuss? I'm happy to accept teh domain on the BT hosted service to maintain continuity..

Gary

0 REPLIES 0