cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading a web page created in MS Publisher 2007

IINeedHelp

I'm creating a mailshot using MS Publisher, combining text, images and hyperlinks (to my website pages) and I'm finding MS Publisher really quite simple to use.

I want to place the entire mailshot as a web page on my site, hosted by BT and originally created in Easy Site Wizard Pro.

I know how to add pdf files to my web site (Web site manager, file manager, public, browse and upload).  Can I upload an entire web page created in MS Publisher in the same way without causing any (and I mean any) problems or knock on effects anywhere else on my site?  No links will be required from any pages on my site to this additional page created in MS Publisher, as the hyperlink would be placed into the email itself and the page would remain 'live' only temporarily before being taken down.

Would be grateful for any advice - and as others have said before on these forums - in layman's English please!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

Unfortunately it looks like the file manager route doesn't work for uploading more than one file, usually you can hold ctrl and click or hold shift and click to select more than one file. There are still a few different ways to do it, probably the easiest is to go to http://filezilla-project.org/ and download the ftp client for free there.

Once that's open and installed you enter your host and user name as your domain name and the password you use for your control panel and it will give you a click and drag type interface to upload your site content. Be sure to put the index.htm, or whatever publisher is generating, into public and you should be rolling.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

Unfortunately it looks like the file manager route doesn't work for uploading more than one file, usually you can hold ctrl and click or hold shift and click to select more than one file. There are still a few different ways to do it, probably the easiest is to go to http://filezilla-project.org/ and download the ftp client for free there.

Once that's open and installed you enter your host and user name as your domain name and the password you use for your control panel and it will give you a click and drag type interface to upload your site content. Be sure to put the index.htm, or whatever publisher is generating, into public and you should be rolling.