cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading via FTP

CPD312

Hello

I'm looking to upload a website for a client via FTP however, after creating an FTP account I cannot connect. I don't really want to give any of their details out on the forum so can someone point me in the right direction to getting the FTP sorted?

Additionally, I need to know if the hosting includes a database. Where can I find this out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

Once the hosting account is set up you should be able to connect to FTP with the host and username set as the domain name (just the sitename.com part, no www.) and the password would be the one you would use to connect to the hosting control panel. This password should get you root access to the hosting account. If you are using and FTP user, one created in the ftp manager for example, you would set the password in FTP manager and the user would be whatever you set followed by a dot and the domain name (user.sitename.com for example.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

Once the hosting account is set up you should be able to connect to FTP with the host and username set as the domain name (just the sitename.com part, no www.) and the password would be the one you would use to connect to the hosting control panel. This password should get you root access to the hosting account. If you are using and FTP user, one created in the ftp manager for example, you would set the password in FTP manager and the user would be whatever you set followed by a dot and the domain name (user.sitename.com for example.)

CPD312

Oh brilliant. I forgot the .mysite.org.uk after the username. Thank you.

Any ideas if the hosting comes with a database? And where to set this up?

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

If it does you should see a Database Manager in your Web Site Management section in the control panel. This is also where you set up a username, password and database name and you can find the database host there as well.