cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Hosting Starter and WordPress

boran
Power User

Hi

I am thinking about taking BT Web Hosting Starter package where I would install WordPress.

So far, I have not been able to find the full list of the features that are included in the package.

Can someone please clarify to me:

1. Does BT Web Hosting Starter package (£6/mo) supports WordPress

2. How many SLQ DBs are included (if any) and what is the cost for additional SQL

3. Do I have full controll of WordPress database, if included

4. Is phpMyAdmin included

5. Can I use php to add WordPress plugins

6. How often sites are backed up

7. Can I buy SSL for BT Web Hosting Starter and how much is it

8. Is email included and if it is how manu email adressess

9. What are the versions of php and mySQL 

It migh be a lot of questions, but I find it very unusual that all this information is not included on the product page.

Any answers much appreciated.

Boran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Ho boran

1. correct when you use the One Click installer is created the MySQL but you don't have access to edit it.

2. yes we run  PHP 5.3.28 on BT Web Hosting Starter package, but you have no access to PhPMyAdmin

3.  I have has it checked yes you can use plugins for wordpress on the starter pack

Markp

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

markp
Grand Guru

Hi boran

here is the answers to your questions

1. Yes the basic pack supports basic Wordpress

2. SLQ databases are only available with the advanced package

3. only available with the advanced package

4. only available with the advanced package

5. only available with the advanced package

6. we backup/revert the site for 30 days

7. You get a generic SSL certificate with your package and can buy a QuickSSL for £86.25 a year and SSL £172.50 a year

8. yes email is included you get 10 free emails addresses then another 10 for the hosting (20)

9. it is MySQL5 and PhP version is 5.3.28.

markp

boran
Power User

Hi markp

Thank you for quick answer and clarifying all to me.

Just to be sure I understood correctly, as WordPress is supported with BT Web Hosting Starter package:

1. Even that MySQL is not included in BT Web Hosting Starter package , am I correct in assuming that I can install

WordPress with One Click and MySQL 5 will be automaticaly creted in order to support WordPress, but I will  

have no control over the database or access to it

2. You are running PHP 5.3.28 on BT Web Hosting Starter package, but I will not have phpMyAdmin GUI  to access

MySQL

3. You have advised that basic WordPress is included with BT Web Hosting Starter package. By basic, do you mean

no plugins can be installed

Thank you

boran

markp
Grand Guru

Ho boran

1. correct when you use the One Click installer is created the MySQL but you don't have access to edit it.

2. yes we run  PHP 5.3.28 on BT Web Hosting Starter package, but you have no access to PhPMyAdmin

3.  I have has it checked yes you can use plugins for wordpress on the starter pack

Markp

boran
Power User

Hi markp

Thank you very much for your time to explain all this.

boran