cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiredMinds eMetrics being added to EVERY page by Hostopia. How to STOP IT???

rbs_gb

Hi,

My page load times have been slower recently, and I now see if I do a "view source" on any page loaded into the browser that Hostopia (I assume BT still has our pages with them) that there is code that I do not want being added to every page, and significantly slowing down our web site. The code is added just before the closing </body> tag and looks like this:

<!-- WiredMinds eMetrics tracking with Enterprise Edition V5.4 START -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='https://count.carrierzone.com/app/count_server/count.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'><!--
wm_custnum='206************78bb';
wm_page_name='index.shtml';
wm_group_name='/services/webpages/a/c/mydomain.co.uk/public';
wm_campaign_key='campaign_id';
wm_track_alt='';
wiredminds.count();
// --></script>
<!-- WiredMinds eMetrics tracking with Enterprise Edition V5.4 END -->
</body>

It adds no funcionality to my site, has no benefit to me, and I want to get rid of it. I guess everyone else with BT hosting is likewise affected. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

markp
Grand Guru

Hi rbs_gb,

I realise you posted this a while ago and hoping you’ve already found the answer you needed, but just in case and for other members who might have the same query.

The WiredMinds eMetrics coding is for you webstats that we provide, this can be turned off. To turn it off do the following:

1. Login to your hosting control panel

2. click on advanced tools

3. go to web analytics and lauch it

4. select advanced

5. select manage Pixel Code

6. select disable Pixel code and OK the change.

This will remove the WiredMinds eMetrics coding.

Thanks

Markp

sfj642

Only just found this "addition" on my web pages; checked the html and it's there, like a virus.

I only noticed it because it has crippled my site which used to take sub-1 second on most pages but now takes up at least a minute to load each page (when it doesn't hang, that is).  Ridiculous - if it is going to be added, and I didn't ask for my pages to be altered, surely it should have been tested first?

I have had my website for about ten years now - it has grown the number of pages, but until the last few days has been speedy.  I also subscribe to Google Web-Site analytics which causes no noticeable delay to my pages.

So annoying and presumably visitors to my site will be equally slowed down.  Please get rid of it; it's not needed or in my contract.

sfj642

Try loading a typical page on my site:  http://tinyurl.com/nk9yw9m

It has just taken 5 minutes to load fully, waiting for count.carrierzone.com to inspect every pixel.

The page was fine previously; it isn't now.

INVESTIGATNG further - it might appear this is a Firefox issue as although page loads in Internet Explorer are slower than previously they are not impossibly slow.  Loading seem to be OK on Hudl and my smartphone though I can see the slowing effect as the additional javascript is processed.

marrw

Your fix didn't work because there is no Analytics choice.   AND btw it is in ALL browsers AND on my phone.  Thank you Hostopia for being totally annoying.  I DIDN'T ask you to do this!!!!