cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live chat/advertising your site, etc

Eve
Power User

Hi

Does anyone know if Live Chat is easy to use; what does it actually do etc.  Looked on 'help' and couldn't find any info.

In browsing BTs help screen, I clicked on 'advertising your site', and saw loads of options costing money.  Well, I don't have any money and was assuming my site would appear here and there, eventually, at some point, I suppose.  In fact, when I purchased the domain from BT they said they would add it to Yahoo and Google.

Am I misunderstanding things?

thanks

Eve

7 REPLIES 7

Chantale
Master User

Hi Eve.

Easy live chat is simple to use. It's just the same as calling the tech support, but online.

Usually, you would need to contact google yourself and let them know you would like to have your site on their search engine.

dave
Guru

The live chat is not all that complicated to use.

When set up you get 2 URLS, one for your to log in to (the agent) and one for the public to initiate an Instant Message style chat session through.

The agent logs in and leaves the window open, and then it makes a noise to alert the agent that someone is wanting to chat.

When the agent is busy, the customer is put into a queue. When no agent is logged in, the customer is given the option to send an email instead.

It could be used to give tech support, account support, information on products, etc.

Message Edited by dave on 27-05-2009 12:12 PM

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Eve

Can you supply your Domain name and i will try and get a response about advertising.

There is information in our help and support site that may give some advise on advertising your website with Search engines.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Eve
Power User

Hi

The site is www.esnresources.co.uk .  When I purchased the domain and was starting to set it up, I spoke with someone at BT who told me that they would advertise the site on Google and Yahoo for me and that I would not need to do anything.  But I've read stuff about having to pay out loads for advertising on these sites.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the terminology.  Advertising as opposed to appearing on the site.  I don't want a specific advert but I do want to do everything possible, without additional cost at this stage, to appear in the listings.  So, it's only the listings that I'm interested in.

I have another outstanding query about uploading my last page.  Once this is resolved, then I can publish the site.  Hopefully tonight/tomorrow, because I desperately need to start earning Smiley Surprised

thanks for your help

Eve

Eve
Power User

Dave

Thanks for the info on live chat.  This sounds quite good.  One of the services I am offering is an e-consult which is similar, but live chat would be useful for enquiries, and also for existing clients (when I get any).

I'll give it a go.

thanks

eve

dave
Guru

I think the sales person may have exagerated the advertising thing. There is no way that any web host will advertise the site for you anywhere. It is usually left up to the owner of the site to market the site.

In fact, they probably shouldn't have even said they could make it appear on Google and Yahoo either.

Slmnneil1

Thanks for that, will give it a try and let you know how we found it.