cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add products to sub-catagories, only to main catagories. Please help

LittleStar

I can't add a product to a sub catagory, but am able to add a product to a 'main' catagory - (the ones that appear in the main navigator bar).

I have products allready in sub-catagories, but whenever I add a new product, it will not appear. I've checked & rechecked the products visabliity, the page layout settings for the page (to make sure the sort order includes 'products')  etc.. etc.. and always have rememebered to update my page cache. All to no avail.

The annoying thing is, when I'm in the control panel (where you can create a product), when I click to view the product, it shows up fine and above it, the tree/path/breadcrumb (not sure what it's called), is showing that the product is in the sub-catagory that I have assigned it to, but when clicking on that sub-catagory the product is no where to be found.

I can however add a product (new or existing) to a MAIN catagory and it displays.

I made a new main catagory and tried to put my new product in there - it worked a treat. I then moved that catagory to a sub-catagory and allthoguh I could still get to the catagory, the product was not there.

As a work around for now, I've added a new main catagory, set it to 'not visable in menue', put my product there and just put a link to it from the sub-catagory I want it in. Not what I need atall, but at least it's a tempory work-around to get my product on-line.

Here is the product: http://www.littlestarstitches.co.uk/epages/BT4699.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4699/Products/DGS001

You can see, above the product, that it is assigned to 'digital stamps'. However, when you clcik 'digital stamps' it's not there. The layout for the 'digital stamp' page is set to show text and products (30 products per page).

I can add text to sub-pages, just not products. This problem applies to ALL sub-catagoies and ANY product - newly created, or existing 😞  😞 Please could somebody help me. 

I've set my page catch to immediate (still no difference) and I've authorised access for staff, in case somebody can have a look for me.

2 REPLIES 2

AndyF

We have had the helpdesk look into this for you and have escalated the query to epages to find a resolution.

I have also sent you a PM with further details

LittleStar

Thanks so much for the reply & PM.