cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Im New!!

chey1405

Hi,

Im new to the whole eshop package, and i must admit i am finding it very hard to understand, when i write content in the datasheet view of my homepage then preview the website nothing changes. I do save the text before i preview but still nothing happens.

Also i do not know what pages to create so that I can show the products I am selling on the website, I assign them to the page I want to but again when I go to preview nothing is there. I have watched the video tutorials, and have called bt who dont have clue what I'm on about.

Was wondering if anyone could help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

graemewilliams
Super User

Hello chey1405

I think I can see your problem. The ePages software has a page cache system which must be updated each time you make a change and press the SAVE button. After pressing SAVE you should see a red warning message at the top of your page prompting you to update the page cache. If you don't do this, any changes you have made won't take effect immediately. Make sure you click on the red message and that it changes to green. Now check your website. You should see the changes you have made.

The page cache is quite technical and it isn't necessary to fully understand it in order to operate your own eShop. If you follow this basic procedure then you should be fine.

For more info about page cache see the BT eShop - User Guide (Page 52)

--------------------------------------------------------------
www.rikkismusic.com
www.epagesdesign.wordpress.com - Tutorials, Tips & Ideas on ePages Ecommerce software.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Chey1405,

Have you had a look at BT eShop user guides  or BT eShop Elite User Guide

Regards

Markp

chey1405

Hi,

Yes I have looked at the bt eshop user guide and it offers no help to my problem, when I started using the package a few weeks ago I noticed that my content would update but now it doesnt. I understand that bt did a upgrade with the package but I dont know if this is why it has become faulty.

Peter_G
Power User

The help you get from BT depends very much on which part of the organisation you talk to.  In the past I have contacted what I thought were appropriate BT help lines who have never heard of eShop - or worse still, gave entirely incorrect advice.  I finally found the email contact hosting.support@btbroadbandoffice.com .  I have always managed to get very good support from them, either directly via an email response or via telephone response when interactive diagnostics were needed.

Regards

Peter_G

www.qgifts.co.uk

graemewilliams
Super User

Hello chey1405

I think I can see your problem. The ePages software has a page cache system which must be updated each time you make a change and press the SAVE button. After pressing SAVE you should see a red warning message at the top of your page prompting you to update the page cache. If you don't do this, any changes you have made won't take effect immediately. Make sure you click on the red message and that it changes to green. Now check your website. You should see the changes you have made.

The page cache is quite technical and it isn't necessary to fully understand it in order to operate your own eShop. If you follow this basic procedure then you should be fine.

For more info about page cache see the BT eShop - User Guide (Page 52)

www.rikkismusic.com
www.epagesdesign.wordpress.com - Tutorials, Tips & Ideas on ePages Ecommerce software.

chey1405

Thanks alot greamewilliams!! got it working now. 

But now im stuck on one more thing. I cant find the option so that delievery is not included with the item im selling. I want to create a delievery price sepreately. Any one how to change this option.

Thanks 

graemewilliams
Super User

It's currently not possible to offer free delivery on selected individual products. This is a limitation with the software which I myself have already highlighted to the vendor. However, judging from the response I got, I'm not expecting it any time soon. You can offer free delivery but this is a global setting applied to all your products.

Actually I did find a way to offer free delivery on selected products using the delivery by weight model. However, it became too messy so I ditched it. I wouldn't recommend it.

www.rikkismusic.com

Peter_G
Power User

I don’t understand Graeme’s comment about being not possible to offer free delivery on selected products. For my delivery method I selected Postal Service based upon the weight of products in the shopping basket.  I set the delivery costs for the weight range from 0 to 1 g (0.001 kg) to be zero and set to zero the weight of any product I want to make postage free.  This seems to work fine as far as I can tell.

Peter_G

www.qgifts.co.uk

benney

Hello,

Guys thanks for your suggestion...due to you guys suggestion i also able to solve my problem.

Always think positive...

Terryhopper

Dear graeme, Thanks for this. I agree with you.