cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access store admin (not bt's) of website on either of my btconnect broadband accounts........

RuthRocket

Hi there,

I have been using my websites for a long time and this problem has just started happening.  My website hosting company say that it is not at their end and they cannot help further.

The problem occurs only on my 2 work broadbands, both btconnect both business hub routers. (sorry I am not a techie in any way!)

At home I can access the admin areas fully and on my iPad 3g account i can too.

I can see both websites fully, I can see the storeadmin password page too, but when i put the password in it just tries for ages and then times out.  If I put the wrong password in it does the same (usually it would show a screen saying 'wrong password etc'.

I can access my control panel (cPanel) and see the order etc there, just cannot access the Pappa-Pak store admin. 

What possibly could this be?  And who should I ask to help, I am at a dead end and I work on the websites at all.

Last week one website has a store-admin upgrade, but I don't think the other one did.  We also have recently started to send out newsletters from each website, but I don't use the storeadmin to do this.  Not sure if this would affect anything.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Ruth 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

zzZZzz
Power User

What model of BT business hubs are you using?

BT started updating the firmware on the older 2700HGV model a few weeks ago but appear to have halted the upgrades last week.

You can check whether it has been updated by going to the hub's home page, then looking under Settings, System Info, Summary.  The new firmware version is:

v6.3.9.63-plus.tm

RuthRocket

Thanks for the reply 🙂

My model is: 2700HGV

My firmware is: v6.3.9.63-plus.tm

Do you think this is the cause?  If so how do I resolve it?

zzZZzz
Power User

This thread may be related to the problem you have described.

Wordpress issue

RuthRocket

OK that is very similar, I will ring support and see what can be done, nightmare, but thanks for your help!

🙂

RuthRocket

Just spoken to a lovely lady at BT but she says there is nothing she can do, my connection is working fine and it must be my hosting company, my hosting company is adamant that it is not them, I just don't know what to do!

zzZZzz
Power User

When did you first notice the issue ?

I presume your router at home is not a 2700HGV.

You may wish to look at this unofficial web page too: v6.3.9.63-plus.tm release.

The only way to prove for certain it is the new firmware causing problems, would be to replace the works 2700HGV hub with a non-BT model, or get hold of another 2700HGV hub which hasn't yet been upgraded (off eBay) for a few quid if BT are refusing to supply a pre-upgraded model for you to try.

RuthRocket

Hi again,

I have just swapped the business hub for my old netgear router and it works perfectly!  Thanks so much for the info you have given me, now I just have to speak to them again!

I can't thank you enough for your help!

Ruth