cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco UC320 WAN connection - PPPoE

buchanero
Hi, I bought the UC320 from the BT store to use on our business broadband and I'm having trouble connecting it to the WAN. The settings it has open to me for the WAN connection are DHCP, Static IP, PPPoE (DSL), PPTP DHCP, PPTP static, L2TP DHCP and L2TP static. With PPPoE (DLS) selected I enter my BT Broadband username and password (that my previous router uses and works with) but cannot connect. I've been told several times that it should be PPPoA but the UC320 doesn't appear to support it - or certainly it doesn't look like an option. The firmware version appears to be up to date (2.1.2). Can anyone shed light on this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

buchanero

So it turns out that the Uc320 is designed to be used in conjunction with a router (ADSL). Yes the Uc320 does have a WAN port but it is basically an Ethernet interface with basic firewall features. The ADSL router will effectively convert the UC320's Ethernet media to PPPoA (or ATM). All i needed to do was to connect the uc wan port to my routers Ethernet port and configure accordingly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

nikkil
Power User

Your package is business. I would think that static should be selected. It's best if an emplyee could verify this. 

buchanero

I am given a static IP by BT but the UC320 (if selecting Static IP, PPTP static or L2TP static) required default gateway etc etc. Info that BT havn't supplied me with and i'm not sure they'll give it to me or if they can.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated. 

buchanero

So it turns out that the Uc320 is designed to be used in conjunction with a router (ADSL). Yes the Uc320 does have a WAN port but it is basically an Ethernet interface with basic firewall features. The ADSL router will effectively convert the UC320's Ethernet media to PPPoA (or ATM). All i needed to do was to connect the uc wan port to my routers Ethernet port and configure accordingly.