cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed cut by 40% but neighbours speed is OK

aaronspence

Got a wierd one for you.

For 4-5 months my business fibre line has been doing a grand 70-75mb down it didn't drop at all, was solid. Now I am getting 45mb down steady. I've phoned up and been told this is now the max the line can support due to demand in the area.

Heres the twist in the tale, I live very close to cabinet 7 of my village, my friend is connected to the same cabinet further away. He is still getting 75.9mb down and is on a residential package.

How on earth can I have a 40% decrease in speed and is there anything I can do? They don't seem to be able to help on the phone.

Thanks for reading my speil!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aaronspence

Hey,

Just to put a lid on this story. Openreach came and swapped my line to another port in cabinet and all is well. Port was dodgy or something.

Disapointing I've had to phone 4-5 different people who all said the line was fine to get it fixed but ah well!

Thanks,

Aaron

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

What are you syncing at with the exchange?

Check the router settings.

You will find it under help or helpdesk in the menu's, can't remember off the top of my head.  But you'r looking for something like this:

http://www.s-parker.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/home-hub-5-helpdesk-screenshot.png

Let me know the data rate.

Thanks

aaronspence

Hi there

Please see attached image

spank
Grand Guru

Thanks,

Try in the test port:

I cannot connect to Broadband. What can I do? | BT Business

Reeboot the router and go back to that page, let me know what it says after that.

THanks

aaronspence

I have a Mk3 faceplate with inbuilt filter - Do these still come with a test port you know?

spank
Grand Guru

Yes, it should come off in 2 parts.  Both plug into each other and into the main housing's test port.

aaronspence

Ok found it!

Results plugged into the test socket

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 21.09.05.png

aaronspence

db's seem the same but the max rate is back up to 65mb which is close to what I used to get. Wonder what this means.

spank
Grand Guru

Were there any wires connected to the removable plate?

aaronspence

Just one.

I should clarify just incase was misunderstood, whilst it says max rate 65mb, The actual speed is still stuck at 48 😞