cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no Infinity despite next door can?

MickJS

We are in the middle of a busy Business Park with all the buildings for this address connected as one block and are all numbered using even numbers, 2, 4, 6 8 etc.

Using the BT brodband checker, using just the address and Postcode option, numbers 4 and 12 can get infinity but numbers 6 and 8 can not.

This makes no logical sense, but trying to talk to someone at BT or Openreach about this is impossible.

How can we get this looked into?

Thanks in advance

Mick

1 REPLY 1

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

BT Broadband can only place orders if the checker says the package is available, they have no path to change this or push a cabinet upgrade, or even query it.  Openreach make this information available so ISP's don't need to contact them.

There could be a few reasons why this has happened.

• No capacity in the cabinet.
  • You are routed to a different cabinet that isn't involved in the rollout.  I've seen one person routed left down their street and their neighbour router right, going to totally different cabs.
  • There is a genuine problem with the checker.

Either way I doubt BT Business will be able to assist, I would suggest contacting openreach yourself and treating it like a new order.

http://combine.smart-website.co.uk/help-and-support/fibre-broadband-availability.aspx

Would probably be a good place to start.

Hope that helps!

Thanks