Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding another computer

oxenboy

How do I add another computer to my broadband?   tia

3 REPLIES 3

MHC
Guru

Proivided it has an internal ethernet (network) card, obtain a suitable cable (RJ45 to RJ45 ethernet patch cable) and connect the PC to your router ...

Nice and simple and nothing else to do.

Inssuite

Hi

I was wondering if you know how to connect another computer via wireless broadband?

We already have 3 computers on the network but I'm not sure wether we need a wireless usb or not? 

Any info would help

Thanks 🙂

MHC
Guru

@Inssuite wrote:

Hi

I was wondering if you know how to connect another computer via wireless broadband?

We already have 3 computers on the network but I'm not sure wether we need a wireless usb or not? 

Any info would help

Thanks 🙂

Does the PC you want to connect have any internal wireless card?

If it does then te installation instructions are in the booklet that came with the router.

If not, depending on whether it is a laptoip or desktop, you will need to get a suitable wireless card.    For a desktop you can get an internal expansion card or a USB dongle and for a laptop a PCMCIA card or a USB dongle.   If te PC is lower spec it can be useful to go for the internal or PCMCIA option as teh card will handle some processing whereas with a USB dongle there can be a demand on the CPU too.