cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to download emails after upgrade to O365

spindly67

We have recently been upgraded to Office365.

Since then I have been unable to download any emails to PC (W7), Smartphone(Android) or tablet (iOS).

We had an alias setup for the email addresses (first.last@mydomain.co.uk), which took the place of the first.last@btconnect.com email address. We now need to use this address to login to Office365 with the old password, despite continuing to use the btconnect.com address to login into myoffice.bt.com.

Using all the various settings I can establish we are successfully connected to Office365 and can send test emails, received in the email account, verified from logging on via IE9 or Safari. But the email clients still refuse to download any emails. I have tried Outlook 2010, and Windows Live Mail on Windows 7, and the in-built email clients on Android and iOS6, but to no avail.

Resorted to autoforward of the emails to a separate @live.co.uk account and the emails can then be downloaded....but we'd quite like to keep the alias and mydomain.co.uk already setup.

Anyone any ideas why we can connect, but not received emails on the email clients?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Stephenc
Master User

Hi spindly67,

Is the username field correct?  Is there an error at all, if you've been migrated a while ago there was an error for a short period with the BT upgrade email, but this was resolved a few weeks ago.

Login to login.microsoftonline.com and delete the BT upgrade email, try again, if not check the username field.

I'd call the helpdesk if you are still having issues after this.

Thanks,

Steve