cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website creator control panel published site missing from list????

sharon1953

I Have just logged into one of my BT sites created with BT website creator - and to my horror, the name of the site I have published (for the last 4 years) is missing in the control panel so I cannot edit it. In it's place is name of a site that is unpublished that I have not created,  which seems to be made up of the words that appear in the heading of each page. The same thing has happened to a completely different website, also created with website creator, and hosted by BT.

When I try to publish any changes, the system things I am trying to publish a new site, as a subsidiary to the orignal domain name, so have not proceeded with this.

I have just done a massive marketing campaign,  and the link to one of the products is broken, and I can't fix it because I have no way of editing my site. I depend on my wesbite for a living!!

I have emailed BT, but god knows when I will get any action. This only happened about 4 pm today, this morning everything was working fine.

Is anyone else who is using the old website creator tool, had the same experience when logging in to their site?  I'm pulling my hair out with worry...

3 REPLIES 3

pmillman
Power User

Hi Sharon,

I'm not too familiar with that tool.  Is Website Creator one of the tools which has an option to unpublish your site? If so, you may want to try that and then publish it fresh again.  I've done that before with Trellix and it worked like a charm.  🙂

You've piqued my curiosity though...I'm going to try and play with WSC later today.  I'll send another post if I find anything useful.  Too much time on my hands???   lol

Peter

dave
Guru

pmilman - Website Creator is Trelllix. Not sure why the original poster is getting this problem though.

You HAVE logged into Website Creator at http://wsc2.btconnnect.com, rather than trying to look for this in the BT account area, haven't you?

pmillman
Power User

It's Trellix?  Thanks Dave.  🙂

I've used the unpublish feature in Trellix before with good results upon republishing.