cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint and data protection breach!

UF

We have one BT account - at leadt I thought we did. However yesterday I got sent a bill addressed FAO someone I have never heard of - and there are only 3 of us in the business, and I am the manager so I should know. The invoice was for a service we had not received and for paper bills (again we have not received them) and for a late payment which cannot happen as we pay by DD - so who is this person and why are we being charged for it? Went on chat yesterday to complain - after ages the guy said he couldn't help and gave me a number to call "for help". The number was for the phone book NOT BT - no help whatsoever. Anyway I found the number and called BT and spent over an hour on the phone sorting everything out - I still have no explanation as to who this person is and why we were being billed. So Rohit spent ages fixing the faulty invoice and he said he would email confirmation that he had done that. I didn't get an email from BT. However I did get an email from some other private individual who has no connection to our business who very kindly forwarded me the email - BT has emailed it to him - whoever he is? I have tried to sort this out on chat today, I spent 40 mins talking to Ankita Patra and she kept telling me that BT don't do that its against their policy - well youhave and I am fed up with arguing with her to convince her. I tried calling, no one answers the phone anymore. This is after only getting 3meg when we were supposed to get 19meg - BT have gone so down hill, I have made multiple complaints since we joined them. We were forced into joining because Plusnet were closing their business and I have had nothing but problems ever since. Now they are contacting people we don't know. I want to write a letter of complaint but there is no address and so I will have to go to the Ombudsman and probably data protection to get an answer as to who these people are - how much information about our business do they have, have we been billed in the past for their service. Its a nightmare!

1 REPLY 1

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, 

I am very sorry about this. If you message me privately I can take the business details and sort this out.

Thank you

Adam