cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business FTTC with static IP using Ubiquiti USG Router

RL

Hi,

Have a new broadband just set up with BT Business, Smart Hub 2 is in bridge mode to USG 3 router.

The problem is the connection is made successfully but not picking up the static IP I have been allocated.

I have been given a specific user ID and password but this is still not connecting with the static IP

Would appreciate if anyone using the same router could advise if they have successfully connected with static IP

Tjks

Robin

5 REPLIES 5

kelper
Guru

Not with a Ubiquity router, but a Draytek Vigor router will get my static IP.  But mine is connected directly to the master socket without using the BTB Hub.  Have you tried this?

RL

Thanks for reply, but USG doesn't have VDSL modem built in 

Just been advised connection has been wired to wrong line by Openreach !! engineer visit today so hopefully will get sorted...

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi RL

Did the engineer resolve the issue?

^BethM

RL

Hi Beth,

Unfortunately no so far, spent 5 hours on Easter Saturday waiting for engineer who didn't appear, was rebooked for yesterday and still nothing happened.  I have raised complaint and further appointment now for next Monday.

We have rejoined BT from TalkTalk as we wanted the Broadband and (new) VOIP to be with the same provider but not looking to be a good decision so far....

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi RL

I'm sorry to hear this - can you please send me a private message with some account details so I can get this looked into?

^BethM