cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Smart Hub 3 Port Forwarding

mwh65

On our current BT Business Smart Hub we can assign port 3389 to multiple devices on the Internal Ports. However on the new BT Business Smart Hub 3 we have been sent this is no longer the case and I can only assign 1 device to port 3389 on the Internal Ports.

I could understand it if it was the same device and the same External Port. Attempting to add another device with the same Internal Port results in this error. Surely this is a bug?

After the BT Business Smart Hub 3 did a firmware update I Reset it and checked again but it's still the same.

I've also added the same Port Forwarding page from the current BT Business Smart Hub.

2023-10-19 16_49_25-Firewall.png

firewall.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi mwh65

This was a bug, however it was fixed in firmware version v1.14. It looks like you're on v1.12. If you do a factory reset of the hub, it should update to the newest firmware v1.17.

Please let me know how you get on.

^BethM

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi mwh65 

What version of firmware is your router running off of?

^BethM

mwh65

Hi,

I've attached a screenshot of  the firmware version ...

bt_bus_hub3.png

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi mwh65

This was a bug, however it was fixed in firmware version v1.14. It looks like you're on v1.12. If you do a factory reset of the hub, it should update to the newest firmware v1.17.

Please let me know how you get on.

^BethM

mwh65

I've tried a reset via the "Reset" button on the back of the BT Business Smart Hub 3 twice and via "Advanced settings - System - Reset" twice to no avail.

I'm now going to leave the router connected overnight to see if it updates the firmware.

Will keep you posted.

mwh65

Good news. The BT Business Smart Hub 3  did the firmware update overnight and port forwarding is working correctly now ...

bt_sh3_firmware.png