cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change gateway on BT Business Hub 6

danit

I've received a BT Business Hub 6 to replace an existing BT hub, but cannot change the gateway IP on it.

The existing Hub has an IP address of 192.168.21.1, when I try and set this on the new hub I receive an 'invalid IP address' error. Is there any way to fix this? We cannot use this hub until this has been resolved, it would be a lot of work to change all internal IP addressing to meet this range.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

danit

This was resolved by BT chat today, when I was setting the gateway IP I was switching off DHCP. It appears that the DHCP range has to be correct even though it's switched off. Setting the gateway IP and DHCP range the same, saving the configuration, reconnecting to the router and turning off DHCP at this point worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there danit,

changing the IP range on the 192. subnet on the Hub 6 should work, what to do is it you can contact us from the router in question our faults team will be able to look at the settings in the Hub 6 for you to get it working.

Markp

danit

Hi Markp

Thanks for your response, unfortunately I cannot use this router online as I cannot change the IP range. We will have no internet access on our network while this IP address is incorrect.

I can probably get it online for half an hour so but not sure I'll get a response from BT in that time?

thanks

Dan

danit

This was resolved by BT chat today, when I was setting the gateway IP I was switching off DHCP. It appears that the DHCP range has to be correct even though it's switched off. Setting the gateway IP and DHCP range the same, saving the configuration, reconnecting to the router and turning off DHCP at this point worked.