cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing wifi password

Poppywales

Hi, We have two BT smart hubs (HUB6) for two different phone lines. I am trying to change the wifi passwords. The Admin password for Hub Manager is the same for each router (numerically) and although I have put in the router/Hub manager password and changed the wifi password for the first line it won't let me change to the second Hub manager for the second phone line. How do I do this?

3 REPLIES 3

kelper
Guru

Each hub should have come with its own passwords - one for wifi and an admin password for advanced settings changes.  These are written on the back of each hub.

If the passwords you have don't work it is best to factory reset the hub and then use what is printed on the back.

You can then change the passwords if you wish.

But anyone with physical access to the hub could reset it and use the original passwords.  Best to restrict access to the hubs if possible.

Maybe I misunderstood you.  To access the second hub you have to be connected to its wifi, not the wifi for the first hub.  Do both hubs' wifis have the same name?

treesen

Thank you for the information.

Garcia95
  1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router's network
  2. Enter the router admin user name and password. ...
  3. Select Settings > Wireless Setup.
  4. Enter your new network name in the Name (SSID) field.