cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Internet issues on Saturday/Sunday

rbjtech

Hi - Just a request for information about service incidents on Saturday (19/11) and Sunday (20/11)

My internet connection was totally unusable (99% packet loss, totally unpredictable, no DNS etc) over this weekend.     

I've looked but there has been Zero notice about planned service incidents - On a business broadband line - this is unacceptable. 

Saturday - Service was down from 03:00 to 2301

Sunday - Service was down from 03:23  to 18:52 this evening.

I run my own end equipment (hence the monitoring) but also took the time to swap out to the BT Business Hub (exact same issues) and even used the Hybrid Connect - surprisingly STILL had the same issues !  

Throughout the weekend - the connection did not 'drop' (PON stayed active) - it simply did not work - suggesting major routing or packet loss issues rather than fibre / fabric.

Please can I have some feedback on what happened ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi rbjtech,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you provide me with some of your account information via private message (hit send a message on my profile)? I can then look into this.

Thanks,

^SamG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi rbjtech,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you provide me with some of your account information via private message (hit send a message on my profile)? I can then look into this.

Thanks,

^SamG

rachelgomez123
Power User

Complete list of fixes if your internet is not working
Restart your equipment. 
Connect with an Ethernet cable. 
Check for an internet outage. 
Try using a different device. 
Check your wires and cables. 
Run your computer's internet troubleshooter. 
Reposition your router/gateway. .

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

rbjtech

Thanks - useful for others.

The issue in my case was routing issues on BT's backend network for the fixed IP range that I was on - leading to the outage - nothing on the client end would have solved this.  (I'm an IT network professional by trade).  BT had given me an explanation for the outage via PM and the issue has been resolved.  I've now marked as the solution.