cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound static IP traffic being routed through the PPP connection

NigelFrankcom

Hi,

I have a business smart hub with 5 static IP address, one of which is dedicated to a mail server. Outbound traffic that should be sent via one of the multi-nat fixed IPs is instead being sent out over the PPP connection. This causes spf to fail and external servers to reject mail as my declared mail server SPF value differs from the IP the router assigns.

I have tried adding and removing static IPs, restarting the router, powering off the router, resetting the router to its defaults and finally switching routers, all to no effect.

Prior to today, restarting the router appeared to fix the problem but now nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas? Short of swearing at it I can't think of anything else to try.

Kind regards

Nigel

1 REPLY 1

NigelFrankcom

After contacting BT help, one of their operators walked me back through the settings, at which point it all started working properly

If you meet the same problem it seems contacting BT directly may provide a solution. In the absence of any better answer I can only assume that swearing at it worked...

RESOLVED