cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP Issue

slinen
We switched our broadband and phone lines from Plusnet to BT Business about a month and a half ago due to Plusnet not supporting a VoIP service. The switch over was really bumpy, to say the least. Despite being assured that the VoIP service would work instantly, it took almost a week and a half to switch on for the first account. For the second account, we're still waiting for the Cloud Voice Express service to go live, which has significantly impacted our business.

Now, onto the current issue: we have a static IP address with one of the accounts because we have a print server. However, BT has assigned the IP to the wrong account. It's not a major issue, but when we called support, they said they couldn't change the static IP to the other account because our accounts are showing as having no active services, despite me talking to you now through our BT broadband. They stated they cannot look into the issue further until they can send an engineer to confirm our broadband is working. Is this normal?

3 REPLIES 3

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi slinen

It sounds like for whatever reason the order for your Broadband service hasn't closed - it is correct they can't amend anything to do with the static IP until this is closed but I don't see why we would need an engineer to attend for that if we have it confirmed with yourself the service is installed and working. Can you please send me a private message with some account details so I can have a look into this for you? 

^BethM

slinen

Cheers, I have DM'd you 🙂

obroad

FWIW do you have a single static IP address or an address block?

We were happily running with a single static IP for a few years but after our latest contract renewal it changed on more than one occasion.