cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from ADSL to ADSL2+

nickrobb
I have recently swapped back to BT as the previous supplier was unable to give me an ADSL2+ connection that I've had in the past on the same line since the exchange was upgraded in 2006... I now find my BT business connection is stuck on ADSL and using the chat facility in an effort to resolve the problem just resulted in nearly an hour of wasted time going round in circles with offers of an upgrade to FTTC which I've tried in the past, but does not give any speed increase due to the fact the cabinet is 2km away. Can a moderator help me to get the line regraded from ADSL to ADSL2+ please? Nick
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nickrobb

I'm pleased to report the swap has been made. My router resynced this morning and the stats are looking very good.

Many thanks to whoever did the swap 🙂

DSL uptime:

5 Hours 17 Minutes 33 Seconds

Data rate:

1.11 Mbps / 9.53 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

1108 / 10224

Noise margin:

5.8 dB / 5.8 dB

Line attenuation:

22.3 dB / 46 dB

Signal attenuation:

22.3 dB / 46 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38 - 0/35

Modulation:

G_992_5_ANNEX_A

Latency type:

Fast Path

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

nickrobb

Please can someone help. I've tried the chat, raising a complaint, calling 154, but without success. Surely it should be a simple process to swap the line over?

best regards 

Nick

@nickrobb wrote:
I have recently swapped back to BT as the previous supplier was unable to give me an ADSL2+ connection that I've had in the past on the same line since the exchange was upgraded in 2006... I now find my BT business connection is stuck on ADSL and using the chat facility in an effort to resolve the problem just resulted in nearly an hour of wasted time going round in circles with offers of an upgrade to FTTC which I've tried in the past, but does not give any speed increase due to the fact the cabinet is 2km away. Can a moderator help me to get the line regraded from ADSL to ADSL2+ please? Nick

nickrobb

I'm pleased to report the swap has been made. My router resynced this morning and the stats are looking very good.

Many thanks to whoever did the swap 🙂

DSL uptime:

5 Hours 17 Minutes 33 Seconds

Data rate:

1.11 Mbps / 9.53 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

1108 / 10224

Noise margin:

5.8 dB / 5.8 dB

Line attenuation:

22.3 dB / 46 dB

Signal attenuation:

22.3 dB / 46 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38 - 0/35

Modulation:

G_992_5_ANNEX_A

Latency type:

Fast Path

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Nick

Very sorry this one did not get picked up by someone. Not really sure how I missed it myself to be honest, apologies that you had ongoing problems with it! Glad it has now been sorted for you though! If you have any further issues I think our best team to take a look would be the tech team on 0800 800 154, I would assume someone on their end facilitated the switch for you.

Regards

Ryan