cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to decide whether to get broadband

ValiantForTruth

I posted this in BTCare and they told me this is a "business" question, and pointed me here.

I am writing on behalf of two organisations: a charity and a non-profit company. We are trying to decide whether it would be a good idea to opt for a landline broadband connection, so I would like to find out some information about what broadband connections I may be able to arrange.

The organisations are run by the same people and are located close by to each other; one building is open on Tuesdays and sometimes Saturdays, and the other is open on Sundays. At present, there is no phone line in either building; both are using a mobile broadband dongle. We would only use the internet for browsing, and there would be no phone call usage required. With this in mind, it would not make sense to pay upwards of £20 per month for any kind of unlimited plan.

Firstly, therefore, I would like to find out if BT would be able to offer a standard broadband package with limited data of around 5-15GB per month, and what kind of prices that would be.

Secondly, I would like to know if there is any kind of joint account available for the two buildings; would it be possible to share a data usage plan and pay one bill for the two lines?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide

1 REPLY 1

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi ValiantForTruth

Thank you for getting in touch in regards to this. We do offer limited capped packages for broadband, but to find out about speeds and indeed prices you would have to contact our Sales team on 0800 800 152, or you may prefer to contact them via livechat here.

You would have to have two separate lines at each premises but you can have them under the same account via a Onebill account number - that again is something you could discuss with our sales team - being a new customer, they would be able to give you a full breakdown or what way the lines could be set up and from that you should be able to figure out if it is a suitable option for your charity and NPO.

Hopefully that helps, and hopefully we will have a service that is just right for you! 🙂

Feel free to follow up with any questions in regards to this!

~Ryan