cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi is not reaching to the bottom of my garden. Any suggestions?

Raymo

Good Morning,

I have a large garden with a shed at the bottom, which I essentially use as an office for my business, but I am finding that often my wifi doesn’t register down there. The shed is give or take 80m from my router

Is there anything I can buy to help me get signal down at the bottom of the garden?

I do have power down there but it does not run on the same circuit as the house. I believe the router I have is the Hub 3 (it has 3 blue lights). Any info would be much appreciated

Regards

Raymond

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Raymond

My apologies that you have been experiencing these issues!

There are a few things you may be able to try - firstly it is worth a shot playing around with your routers wireless channels - that can sometimes improve the range of your wireless connection, as well as your  overall stability. You can find a helpful guide for that here.

Now if you have no joy with that, you could also try a wireless extender. You can get these from our BT Shop, or indeed any electronics store out there.

The last option, as you say you do have power at the shed, would be to install a new line there - this would be last resort of course, but may be best for you and your business if the above suggestions do not work out.

Feel free to follow up with any other questions or concerns you may have 🙂

~Ryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Raymond

My apologies that you have been experiencing these issues!

There are a few things you may be able to try - firstly it is worth a shot playing around with your routers wireless channels - that can sometimes improve the range of your wireless connection, as well as your  overall stability. You can find a helpful guide for that here.

Now if you have no joy with that, you could also try a wireless extender. You can get these from our BT Shop, or indeed any electronics store out there.

The last option, as you say you do have power at the shed, would be to install a new line there - this would be last resort of course, but may be best for you and your business if the above suggestions do not work out.

Feel free to follow up with any other questions or concerns you may have 🙂

~Ryan

Raymo

Hi RyanJames

I appreciate your reply!

I have given the channel change a go and it actually seems to be connecting much better than before! I will leave it as is for now before I look into spending any money - thanks for letting me know about the channels, that will be a few extra pints at my wifes birthday next week (I won't say what age she is!! Cat Wink)

Thanks again - top service!

Regards

Raymond