cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All our domains e-mails to btinternet addresses are being blocked

JackBoden

Hi,

At the company I work for all of our domains e-mails are being blocked to btinternet.com addresses. This didn't used to happen and only has seemed to start occuring in the last couple of weeks. What can be done to resolve this?

All of our SPF details haven't changed at all since it started occuring. As a lot of our customers use btinternet addresses and we send a lot of e-mails I am wondering if it has been blocked by BT.

2 REPLIES 2

TheSwimSchool

Unfortuantely, no help to Jack but we are having the same problem. We are a family run learn to swim school. We are trying to send out emails to parents regarding new term details for September and a link to an online booking form that needs to be filled out with medical details etc. This is the error message we receive:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error.

host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk [65.20.0.49]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
554 Message rejected on 2017/08/25 14:05:07 BST, policy (3.2.2.1) \342\200\223 Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/bulksender

We were able to send group emails on Monday and Tuesday last week (21st and 22nd) but we now haven't been able to send ANY emails to any BT customers since Wednesday (btinternet, btopenworld, talk21 etc). This includes both individual messages and being able to simply reply to messages they have sent us. As you can imagine this makes us appear very unprofessional to new customers making enquiries. None of our settings have changed and many of our existing customers have been receiving emails from us for years. 

Our mailing lists are strictly opt in (when the children join the school) and are automatically deleted when the children leave the school. We NEVER sell or pass on details to third parties. We are just trying to keep parents updated with their swimming details. 

I have spoken to someone on the phone at a BT call centre and they told us there was literally nothing they can do. They could not give me any guidelines as to if there was a certain amount of emails we could send in a specific time frame etc. or any idea on how this could be resolved. I have also emailed the postmaster at BT bt received no response. I have also contacted our Email service and sent them the details as outlined on the BT bulk senders advice and they assure me they are all being met. 

Please please can we have some help ASAP! 

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there All,

It would appear that your emails are beign blocked by the btinternet spam filter. For more information on this you can go to Bulk Sender