cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business accounts - Requires Activation

marktarrant
We have almost 40 email account on email lite (o365 mailbox only) that have not worked for 3 days now.

Each account says requires activation, yet activation does not work.

Chat support keep fobbing us off with it's a known issue yet cannot give us any further info. Been told twice now it will be sorted in 24 hours.

How can I escalate? Appears to be no urgency to fix. Business is suffering.
3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear you are having issues due to this. I appreciate your frustration as I know this issue can be crippling. It is indeed a known issue as you say, and one that is still being dealt with. I understand that being advised there is nothing we can do is far from ideal, but the issue has been escalated to a priority, and from what I hear it is close to being sorted. Still no exact estimate, but ideally it will be sooner rather than later!

If you PM me a few of the email addresses you are having issues with I can double check to make sure they come under the same platform impacted via this issue.

Regards

Ryan

SDATTJack

Mark Ryan

We are experiencing the same sort of problems. None of the services under ‘Mange Services’ are currently working for domains and email accounts.  We also have a large number of users set up as aliases against our primary email address (services-design.co.uk).  As the ‘catch all’ function was removed when BT upgraded to 365, each user has to be set up with an alias in the email management.  As its not working, we cannot set up any new users.

Just like Mark we have been told on numerous occasions over the last few weeks that it is a known issue on ‘legacy’ services and is being worked on, but there is no update or timescale for when it will be rectified.

As we have a number of new users who cannot access email due to this problem, we will have no option but to look at moving our domains to a new provider.

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Jack

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this also! To clarify, is it your services-design.co.uk domain emails that you are having trouble with? if so, I have checked this out and they are not actually on the Legacy platform (the legacy platform is the one that has the ongoing issue mentioned in the original post). I am not sure why you have been told this is the reason for your issue - but I would recommend giving us another call on 0800 800 154 or indeed coming through to the team on Livechat to follow up on this again.

Regards

Ryan