cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost the password for a btconnect email address

paul_read

My wife still uses her old btconnect.com email, from the time when we had a btconnect service, but she cannot remember the password. It is hard-wired on her computer and therefore she has access to her emails on the Desktop. However she would like to put the emails onto her iPad. How can we get the email password reset? I have tried to log into my BT.com account. My account keeps cycling asking me to log into the email acccount, I enter the userid and password and  I get the message "You're not currently logged in to email - to login, click here" If I click on the "click here" link  I get the email login page so I enter the details again and the cycle repeats. All we want to do is reset my wife's password so that she can continue to use her email on a new device.

22 REPLIES 22

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear you are having these issues - this could be a glitch more than anything (also worth trying another browser if you haven't already just to rule out a browser issue). If that continues for you I would recommend contacting our livechat team here - they can investigate this for you, help you get any passwords reset and help you resolve that issue!

All the best with this one!

Regards

Ryan

philkirk

Hi can anyone help me reacivate a btconnect.com email address that i have not used for over 90 days

paul_read

I have tried the link "livechat team here", unfortunately it takes me a form. I am assuming that BT do care about the account. I guess we will have set-up a new email account and try to get mail route there!

andrewberkeley

how do I recover or reset the password

GeorgeM

Ryan,

Ive forgotten the answer to my security question to reset my password on BtConnect, it was set so long ago, and my mailbox is rejecting my current password.

Any idea how I sort this out?

Thanks,

George McGurk

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi GeorgeM

Are you able to log into the BT Business Account at all with your password? This is where you can change your security details. If not, can you privately message me your account details and I can have a look into it for you.

Beth

^BethM

Soderquist

This is the web page where you can send a request to BT for a password change. Click the Ive forgotten my password option. This will take you to the “Reset your password” page. Enter your e-mail address.

Rowena

I am struggling, I changed my password on my btconnect.com email address and cannot get microsoft to recognise it. As a result I cannot now access my emails for that address. I have tried various options but with little success so any help would be gratefully received. This was originally a bt business account but I have been on that site too to try to find out what is going wrong. Many thanks and Kind Regards, R Suthers

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Rowena, 

to change your password for your btconnect.com email address, go to secure.business.bt.com. You then enter your email address into the box provided and click "i've forgotten my password" this will take you through the reset journey.

If this doesn't work. Please send me a private message and I can look into this further. 

Thanks

^PaulC1