cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Email

Maxtra86

Had an email from zzpayments11@btconnect.com.  It had an invoice attachment.  I deleted it immediately as obviously a scam.  I get a number of these random emails, usually saying my email account is going to be closed.  I have been forwarding them to phishing@bt.com with the header information.  I used to get an acknowledgement but these seem to have stopped.  Are they so overwhelmed with scam emails they can no longer cope?   What I would like  to know from BT is how are these scammers  managing to set up business accounts?  We have to pay a monthly fee to have an @btconnect.com account so why isn’t there more diligence by BT to verify these ‘customers’. 

1 REPLY 1

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Maxtra86,

It would often be the case that the btconnect email address have been compromised and by reporting anything suspicious you are helping us confront the problem. The acknowledgment from phishing@bt.com is an automatic response email and should come to you whenever you send over something to them.

Regardless it will have been received and we are thankful to you for reporting them.

Kind Regards

Adam