cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued unauthorised ceases on our BT business phone & broadband

motocdotcom

On 16 July we began receiving a stream of 'Sorry you are leaving us' letters & emails from BT advising us that another customer was taking over our services on 29 July.

I contacted them 6 times to tell them that we did not want to leave BT and had not spoken to or authorised anyone to take over our services. They assured me the cease would be removed and we would not lose our services.

On 29 July at 9.40 am our phone & broadband went down. (An openreach engineer had been working in the street cabinet and at the house directly across the road from our business premises at the time our services went down)

I contacted BT and they arranged for an open reach engineer to come the next day.

He checked our internal line and then re-connected us in the street cabinet - within minutes we were back running.

The man in the house across the road later told me he had left Sky and just switched to BT in July.

It turned out they day we lost our services he was connected and given OUR business phone number as his new number!

The day we were re-connected he lost his services.

On 7 August the stream of 'sorry you are leaving us' BT letters and emails began again.

I have contacted BT every day since 9 August as the BT order provisions team tell me they have removed the unauthorised ceases but they never do. They are still showing on our account.

Now we are due to lose our services on 23 August when I guess they will re-connect the man cross the road to our line again as that is the same day the open reach engineer is scheduled to visit him to reconnect him!

I have been going round in circles. We are a small business with 3 employees and the majority of our business is ecommerce. We lose our phone and internet and we stop dead. 

Does anyone know what else I can do? 

It seems to be a mix up of address'.

I have given BT every detail of information regarding this situation. I have also sent letters and online complaint forms as well as all the phone calls and stiill it is not resolved.

2 REPLIES 2

motocdotcom

After 7 weeks of phone calls,letters, online forms and getting nowhere with the BT agents this case was passed to BT  Business High Level complaints and the girl there took full control over the case and resolved it within 3 days. 

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi motocdotcom

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you had, good to hear the HLC team here managed to sort it. 

Beth

^BethM