cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection to BT business phone and £10 charges already appeared

ecocore

Hi,

is it possible to see call  details on my new business line?

It was set up on 2nd October and it is meant for broadband only so I got the cheapest tariff available (or at least I think I did).

Essentially there shouldn't be any calls on the line, although there is a phone plugged in, but as I understand it, sometimes the BT engineers make calls and if you don't notice, you pay for them.

Thanks

Adam

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Adam

Hope you are well.

In regards to seeing calls made on the line, they would usually show on your billing account - this does not happen immediately, but they should definitely show as soon as a bill is generated. Any calls deemed chargeable usually would sit in your unbilled charges and our billing team can access those for you. If you get in touch with our billing department on 0845 600 6156 they can take a closer look for you. 🙂

Our. or Openreach's, engineers should not be making calls on your line, unless they are testing to see if the line works. If you have been charged in error for any calls then this is something you can certainly chase up with the billing team.

They can also check you are on the cheapest tariff! 🙂

All the best,

Ryan

ecocore

Hi Ryan,

after a series of frustrating calls with BT support desk people,  I still can't get a grasp what is going on.

I am being charged 28p for the connection and then 28p/min but when I use a number like 0845 108 5190, which is a service for international calls, it is meant to cost 1p/min.

However I was billed £17.50 or so.

What is going on?

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi again

Sorry this has been an ongoing issue for you! In regards to our conversations with the billing team - did they provide a reason for the calls costing more than they should?

They should be able to provide you with a list of the chargeable calls, and if the rates on those calls are more than they should be then they would have to investigate why. If the call rates are different from what is in your contract, then that should be rectified. I myself am a member of the faults repair team, so billing would not be my area of expertise - as frustrating as it is I can only recommend persistence with the billing department. If you believe the bills are wrong and the billing team are insistent that the bills are correct, then they need to give you an explanation as to why this is.

Regards

Ryan