cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIN to retrieve voicemail on BT Yealink W52P

EALouise
I've just joined a new office and am trying to retrieve voicemails on the handset (specs in title).  It seems to be set up to do this but I don't know the PIN associated with the account.  There's no record of it in the office and the boss doesn't know it.  How do I reset it or is there a factory default PIN I can try? The issue seems to be at the BT service package end rather than the handset settings.

All information I can find online seems to relate only to setting the handset up, not resolving a lost PIN for a BT account.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Louise

Hope you are well.

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I know that Yealink is usually asscosiated with Cloud systems, so I would say that the cloud team would be best to call. I have found some details on how to change a PIN, but it is not very helpful in this instance as you need to know the existing PIN firstly. My hope here is that one of our Cloud teams can manually change your PIN remotely.

The best number to call would be 0800 389 0537. That is the number for our Cloud Voice team. If you have a different Cloud service they will pass you to the relevant department.

Alternatively, it could potentially be a phone system issue (though I think it being a cloud issue is more likely). If you have a BT maintained phone system you can ring 0800 378 822 and that will give you list of options for different phone systems e.g. Avaya, Norstar, Meridian etc. As long as you have maintenance with us, they would be your best bet if the Cloud team are unable to assist.

I hope you can get this sorted!

Regards

Ryan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Louise

Hope you are well.

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I know that Yealink is usually asscosiated with Cloud systems, so I would say that the cloud team would be best to call. I have found some details on how to change a PIN, but it is not very helpful in this instance as you need to know the existing PIN firstly. My hope here is that one of our Cloud teams can manually change your PIN remotely.

The best number to call would be 0800 389 0537. That is the number for our Cloud Voice team. If you have a different Cloud service they will pass you to the relevant department.

Alternatively, it could potentially be a phone system issue (though I think it being a cloud issue is more likely). If you have a BT maintained phone system you can ring 0800 378 822 and that will give you list of options for different phone systems e.g. Avaya, Norstar, Meridian etc. As long as you have maintenance with us, they would be your best bet if the Cloud team are unable to assist.

I hope you can get this sorted!

Regards

Ryan

EALouise

Ryan,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I'll follow that up.

Kind Regards

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

No worries Louise!

Hopefully that team can get this sorted for you without any hassle.

If you have any further issues with it just let me know and I will see what else I can dig up on my end for you. 🙂

All the best with this one,

Ryan