cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Cloud transfer Shambles

SimonUK

We were phoned by BT to change from our ISDN to a BT Cloud Phone system.  It appeared to be a good move forward especially as we were told that all services would be forced to move over the next 5 years anyway.  We have had nothing but trouble with the transfer and I would not recommend it to anyone.  At present the benefits do not make up for the problems.  It looks like we are beta testing the system (maybe alpha testing) for BT.  Some of our problems include;

• The system has to be configured from scratch, there is a bit of help to start with but after that it's a case of phone up and wait in a queue to ask a question.  
  • The Tech support is of patchy quality
  • There appears to be no manuals for the system
  • We bought 3 desk handsets so we could operate like the old system as well as the new mobile features only to find that they are all one extension so we have a company extension and all transfers have to be to mobiles
  • BT have not sent us a bill since we moved from ISDN (3 months ago)  we can not access the new bills on line, we keep getting treats to turn off everything, BT repeatedly promise to post a bill so we can pay it but it never happens, all we can do is waste time phoning up getting them to find the bill and pay it with a credit card, we get no receipt or VAT invoice.
  • We were charged a massive amount of money for cancelling our ISDN mid contract and it took a lot of time for BT to accept that we had not cancelled any numbers, BT had migrated us to another service.
  • By Default the system will not allow the making or receiving of international calls.  We had an employee working abroad who couldn't be contacted and who couldn't phone us at the time.  Also customers couldn't get hold of us.  This is a business package surely the default should be allow all calls in all directions, how do BT think businesses operate?
  • We continually get emails about missed calls that never actually rang our phones.
  • We have internation numbers that continually can't or don't get through and we get missed calls emails, these could be new customers but we can't find anything wrong in the settings.
  • When we get BT Support to get involved and they make changes we tend to end up with previously functioning things not working.
  • The superuser can not change users address books or push contact numbers and names into the address books, we have to log into every user in turn and add the details.  On the ISDN system we had system address book and personnal address books.

This is just a fraction of the issues.  If you are thinking about transfering then ensure you have a lot of time set aside to play with the system and be prepared for the loss of important calls in the process. 

1 REPLY 1

MsSajSharif

Today is the 17th of October 2016, I first requested my old number to be ported onto the shiny new BT Cloud Phone system, which the sales team sell extremely well on the 31st of MARCH 2016. 

I have a note pad full of calls made to BT trying to get it resolved but never successfully, they kept blaming SKY for not releasing the number, but I have received  letters from SKY saying sorry to lose you, your number will be ported on this day, but then BT never make it happen. 

They further irritated me when they took over £500 from my bank account as a 1st bill, I was furious they did reduce the following months bill but if your float is tight it's a lot of money to have taken for a service that you can't even use!!

I really wish I had never started this process with BT, what should have been simple and easy has turned into an absolute nightmare and I still don't have the number ported. BT are an absolute joke! I truly wish there was another provider I could got to after reading Simon's post I am now worried about losing calls too.

Come on BT get your act together!!!